iCCM Technical Advisor at Management Sciences for Health Recruitment 2020
The Overview of the Job Details is given below;
|Organization||Management Sciences for Health|
|Positions:||iCCM Technical Advisor|
|Nature of Application||Online Process|
|Deadline||31st May 2020|
Available Job Positions & Details
Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Since its founding in 1971, MSH has worked in over 150 countries with policymakers, health professionals, and health care consumers to improve the quality, availability, and affordability of health services.
Job Title: iCCM Technical Advisor
Job ID: 13-11071
Group/Office: PDG (Program Delivery Group)
Dept/Unit: PDGGEN – Program Delivery Group
Project/Program: A576 – PMI – S
Reports To: Senior Technical Malaria Lead
- The PMI-S is a five-year PMI/USAID flagship malaria project implemented through a consortium led by MSH. Also The project is supporting the Government of Nigeria through its agencies at the federal, state, LGA and community levels to reduce under-five and maternal mortality by delivering quality services for management of malaria, its complications, and prevention.
- This PMI-S project focuses on strengthening the capacity of the National Malaria Elimination Program (NMEP) and State Malaria Elimination Programs (SMEPs) for the implementation of the National Malaria Strategic Plan 2014-2020.
- Also The objective of the iCCM Technical Advisor position is to coordinate public and private sector stakeholders for quality implementation of iCCM in Ebonyi state. The position will support all iCCM related activities, including the development of iCCM work plans, selection, and training of iCCM service providers, data management, supervision, and documentation in line with Nigeria National iCCM guidelines.
pec Responsibilitieshe worker Coordinate implementation of project activities with the state malaria lead and SMEP.
- He shall Engage with Patent and Proprietary Medicine Vendors (PPMVs), Community Pharmacists (CPs) and other stakeholders.
- He shall Ensure that the iCCM program is utilizing standard FMOH iCCM policies, guidelines and training materials.
- He shall Lead the development of iCCM work plans that are integrated into the state malaria work plans. Work to integrate iCCM with other child survival programs, particularly with nutrition programs and state Saving One Million Lives program.
- He shall Coordinate all iCCM related trainings, data collection, supervision, and DQA, working in close collaboration with the STML, SMEP and Child Health Unit of the SMOH.
- He/she shall Ensure information on iCCM training, supervisions, and service data are entered into the iCCM database in a timely manner.
- He/she shall Collaborate with iCCM Data Officer on data management and ensure that iCCM indicators are adequately tracked and reported.\e/she shall Work with relevant partners to link demand creation in the community for iCCM and health vices in facilities.l Represent MSH in relevant iCCM activities such as iCCM meetings, and stakeholders’ meetings at the state level.
- Shall Support the state team to conduct supervisory visits to iCCM service providers to assess progress, ensure quality services are provided, and address implementation challenges.
- He/she shall Ensure that iCCM supervisors conduct monthly supervision, submit iCCM reports and participate in review meetings.
Qualifications and Experience
- Applicants must have MPH or Bachelor’s degree in public health or a health-related field.
- Applicants must have a minimum of 3 years of experience in program implementation in the field of malaria, iCCM, or IMCI.
- Applicants must have Deep knowledge of capacity challenges, needs, and opportunities in collaborating with PPMVs and the private sector in general.
- Applicants must have Familiarity with iCCM international best practices and Nigeria iCCM national guidelines, training packages, supervision, data collection processes and tools, and reporting.
- Applicants must have Experienced with community-level health interventions, including demand creation.
- Applicants must have the Willingness to travel to hard-to-reach areas in the project location.
- Applicants must have Basic M&E experience and experience with basic database management,
- Computer literate: Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Applicants must have strong interpersonal, intercultural, and communication skills.
- Applicants must have excellent analytical and writing skills.
- Must be Fluency in English.
- Applicants must have Knowledge of at least one local language of the project state is an added advantage.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Desirous candidates are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
- his job position will be closed early if we are able to find enough suitable candidates
Application Deadline 31st May 2020.